Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where's My Money??

Congressman Barney Frank
Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee
2252 Rayburn Building
Washington, DC 20515

Subject: Financial assistance for my home enterprise

Dear Congressman,

I am seeking $2,000,000.00 in financial assistance for my home enterprise. I am retired and have my financial resources invested in the stock market to support my retirement. In addition I receive an income form social security and a pension. So you may say that my home enterprise is managing my investments which qualify me as a financial manager.

With the ongoing financial crisis I have lost a substantial amount of money and fear my enterprise will fail without this assistance. Please note that this is not a bailout but more of a loan. Following is my business plan (something the Detroit Big Three forgot back at the ranch) showing how the US Government will be repaid.

  1. The $2 million immediately sent to the US Treasury Internal Revenue Service as a estimated tax payment. Thus the government will have full use of this money until I file a tax return.
  2. The after tax, including alternate minimum tax, refund will then be placed into the now depressed stock market, investing in a balanced portfolio (well maybe not the Big Three).
  3. As this portfolio grows over the next ten to fifteen years I will be cashing in stocks and paying capital gains tax, most certainly at a higher rate that the current 15% for long term investment. This capital gains tax will be the basis of loan repayment.

This is money that the US Government would not have made from me otherwise. I look at this as a win-win situation for both the Government and myself.

I look forward to receiving the $2 million check at my business address.

No comments: